Frequently Asked Questions
Which areas do you service?
Our network of operators service metropolitan Melbourne in the following municipalities:
- Inner City – City of Melbourne, City of Port Phillip and City of Yarra
- North – City of Banyule and City of Darebin
- Eastern – City of Boroondara, City of Knox, City of Manningham, City of Maroondah and Shire of Yarra Ranges
- South Eastern – City of Bayside, City of Glen Eira, City of Kingston, City of Monash and Shire of Mornington Peninsula
If you require cleaning service in a location not listed above, feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements and make special arrangement.
Do I need to be home during cleaning?
No, you do not need to be home during the cleaning service. If someone cannot be home, entry to the house can be provided via key access. As our cleaning teams operate on a timely basis, we will require access to the house regardless if we are running early or late.
Generally, it is easier for the cleaning team to perform their task if they can clean in peace without anyone in the way. If you would prefer to be home during the cleaning process, we kindly ask that the cleaning team be allowed to move freely throughout the house without obstructions so that they can complete the job efficiently.
Are you pet friendly?
We don’t mind if you have pets. Our staff are pet lovers and our products are not harmful to your pets. Just let us know about your pets when you book so your cleaning team will be aware they are there. If your pet is likely to get in the way of your cleaning team or may become aggressive towards them, please remove them or secure them safely before the cleaning team arrive.
What if I need to cancel a booking?
We understand there are times when a client needs to miss a booking due to emergencies or other obligations. If you need to reschedule or cancel booking, we kindly ask that you provide 48 hours’ notice so we have time to schedule another client.
Are there cancellation fees?
Bookings cancelled within 48 hours will incur a 25% cancellation fee. Bookings cancelled within 24 hours incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Do you supply the equipment and products?
For your convenience, Mayday Cleaning provides all professional cleaning products and equipment. The products that we use are safe for home use. We do not use harsh or industrial cleaning products in your home.
If you have specific care requirements for your kitchen, bathrooms, floorboards or tiled floors, please inform us at the time of booking so we can pass this on to your cleaning team. You are also welcome to request our cleaning team to use your choice of products if preferred
Do you use eco-friendly products?
We can use eco-friendly products upon request. If you prefer a specific brand of products, please inform us beforehand so that we can arrange the purchase, or provide your choice of eco-friendly products to the cleaning team.
Mayday Cleaning recommends the Norwex brand as the choice of eco-friendly products (www.norwexbiz.com.au). If you would like to know more about Norwex, attend a Norwex party or purchase any products, we are happy to provide you with brochures or put you in touch with a Norwex consultant.
Do I need to do any preparation before the home clean?
- Tidying – You can maximise your clean (and minimise your cost) if rooms are generally tidy before your cleaning team arrive. This will ensure they do not spend needless time picking up items and eliminates the risk of putting your items away in the wrong place.
- Kitchen – Please ensure kitchen benchtops are not cluttered.
- Toys – Please pick up all toys from floors and under beds as this will allow the cleaning team vacuum and mop all floor surfaces without obstructions.
- Hair pins, toothpicks and coins – Please pick up these items as they will get stuck inside the vacuum, which will slow down the cleaning time quite a bit.
- Changing bed sheets – If you have requested this service, please place fresh linens on the beds.
- Picture frames and mirrors – Please hang picture frames and mirrors on sturdy wall hooks appropriate for the weight of the hanging item. Also inspect the hanging wire and replace if deteriorated. Place bumper guards on the backside corners of wall hangings to keep the wall paint from getting scratched.
- Power points – Don’t hide power points, but keep them accessible for your cleaning team. When power points are hidden behind furniture, your cleaning team will have to move the items to access power points or spend time looking for them, which will reduce the available cleaning time due to obstructions.
- Blinds and sheers – Tie and secure all blinds and sheers to prevent them from getting in the way of cleaning.
- Furniture – Place felt padding on the feet of furniture pieces that are on hardwood floors to avoid scratching the floor when we move the furniture to clean under it.
- Check and repair loose or broken items, such as towel racks, toilet paper holders, microwave and refrigerator handles, glass shelves, and so on.
- Pets – Please leave any pets outside the house before the cleaning team arrives.
- Parking – Please ensure the cleaning team has access to parking as close to the property as possible. This will allow the team to easily unload and reload their equipment, and minimise the time and cost of setup.
What payment methods are available?
For your convenience, Mayday Cleaning can accepts payment by bank transfer, Paypal, in cash or cheque.
Do you operate on weekends and public holidays?
Our standard business hours are Mon to Sat 8:00am to 6:00pm. If you require urgent cleaning service that must to be attended to outside our standard business hours, please contact us to make special arrangement and pricing. We will try our best to assist with your cleaning needs, however we cannot guarantee staff will be available on weekends or public holidays. As our staff are employed under the cleaning awards wage, penalty rates will apply to weekends and public holidays as such our charges will be higher to reflect these.
Is your cleaning service safe and secure?
We are covered by public liability insurance up to $10 million. Each of our staff have undergone interviews, ID checks and police checks.